Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Receipe to use for distributing rows in different ranges based on values of Single column

Solved!
nikhil1
Level 2
Receipe to use for distributing rows in different ranges based on values of Single column

I would like to use a recipe that can distribute rows in different ranges based on values of a single column.

I would like to do following. Y is the column. I would like to distribute the rows in following manner

• 15=<Y<31 = One range
  • 31<=Y <= 35 = Second range
  • 40<=Y <= 45 = Third Range
  • Y>=50 = Fourth range

I want to do that so that i can run the below formula afterwards.

Var X (Remaining quantity)
IF (15=<Y<31) { X = A - B}
ELSE IF
(31<=Y <= 35 ) {
X = C - B}
ELSE IF
(40<=Y <= 45) {
X = D - B}
ELSE IF
(Y>=50) {
X==0
}

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

In both steps, you can use the Formula processor in the Prepare recipe using nested if statements: if(condition, value if true, value if false)

If you are simply classifying into quartiles, you can also use a Window recipe, provide a sorting column and compute 4 quantiles (see image).

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

In both steps, you can use the Formula processor in the Prepare recipe using nested if statements: if(condition, value if true, value if false)

If you are simply classifying into quartiles, you can also use a Window recipe, provide a sorting column and compute 4 quantiles (see image).

I hope this helps.

nikhil1
Level 2
Author

Thank you @Manuel - It works

0 Kudos