Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Map Storage Type and Window Visual Recipies

Solved!
tgb417
Map Storage Type and Window Visual Recipies

I've been working with standard local CSV files as datasets rather than database-connected data sets recently.  In doing this I've run into a problem with the window recipe.  On simple data types I can "retreive" a column.  However, for the โ€œmapโ€ data type the button to retrieve the column that is of type map is grayed out.

anyone know why this is?  Is there a work around?

Image: Window recipe grayed out [retrieve] button for just the variable to type Java map.Image: Window recipe grayed out [retrieve] button for just the variable to type Java map.

--Tom
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end using DSS 11.0.1. It appears to be a limitation of visual-recipe aggregations. They only support basic types (string, int, double, boolean, date).
โ€‹
You can work around the issue by manually setting the type of the affected column to "string" in a Prepare recipe before the Window recipe:
E32D8601-5640-4FA7-B2C0-B565C892D32C_1_105_c.jpeg

I also logged this as a feature request on your behalf for further review and consideration by our product team.

Thanks,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZachM
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end using DSS 11.0.1. It appears to be a limitation of visual-recipe aggregations. They only support basic types (string, int, double, boolean, date).
โ€‹
You can work around the issue by manually setting the type of the affected column to "string" in a Prepare recipe before the Window recipe:
E32D8601-5640-4FA7-B2C0-B565C892D32C_1_105_c.jpeg

I also logged this as a feature request on your behalf for further review and consideration by our product team.

Thanks,
Zach
tgb417
Author

@ZachM 

Thanks for the insights and work around.

--Tom