Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

What ports needs to be open for Elastic AI jobs in Kubernetes?

Solved!
ecerulm
Level 4
What ports needs to be open for Elastic AI jobs in Kubernetes?

Assuming the DSS base port is 9000 

I guess I need to allow incoming connections to ports 9000-9010 from the EKS CIDR, 

But then when I used the DSS > Administration > Settings > Containerized execution > TEST I see that it also tries to connect to 33249

[2023-08-16 12:54:19,130] [1/MainThread] [INFO] [root] Try to ping backend
[2023-08-16 12:54:19,132] [1/MainThread] [DEBUG] [urllib3.connectionpool] Starting new HTTP connection (1):xxxx.yyy..compute.internal:33249
[2023-08-16 12:56:31,116] [1/MainThread] [ERROR] [root] Could not reach Future Kernel: HTTPConnectionPool(host='i-xxxx.yyyyy.compute.internal', port=33249): Max retries exceeded with url: /future/container-test-ping?testId=Vksv25L (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1bc4542cd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out'))
Container done

So my question is : is there a complete list of the ports that I need to open? 

Operating system used: Amazon Linux 2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @ecerulm ,

As mentioned https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/containers/setup-k8s.html#docker-and-kubectl-setup, The containers running on the cluster must be able to open TCP connections on the DSS host on any port.

Opening dynamic/ ephemeral port range 1024 to 65535 in both directions between DSS and Kubernetes pods should be enough. This would cover both spark-on-k8s as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @ecerulm ,

As mentioned https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/containers/setup-k8s.html#docker-and-kubectl-setup, The containers running on the cluster must be able to open TCP connections on the DSS host on any port.

Opening dynamic/ ephemeral port range 1024 to 65535 in both directions between DSS and Kubernetes pods should be enough. This would cover both spark-on-k8s as well.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku