Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

SSLHandshakeException, unable to find valid certification path to requested target - AKS AZURE

Solved!
acastillo15
Level 1
SSLHandshakeException, unable to find valid certification path to requested target - AKS AZURE

Hello, 

I get an error when executing the flows in the spark engine, I am doing this configuration with AKS

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Operating system used: AlmaLinux

Operating system used: AlmaLinux

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Turribeach

I don't know what you need to do to fix this but this is the error you get when a client doesn't trust the SSL certificate issued by the server. So you either need to add the CA root to your trust store or ignore certificate validation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Turribeach

I don't know what you need to do to fix this but this is the error you get when a client doesn't trust the SSL certificate issued by the server. So you either need to add the CA root to your trust store or ignore certificate validation.

0 Kudos
acastillo15
Level 1
Author

Hello, the strange thing is that I have not configured any certificate in the design node (DSS) and in the cluster, which SSL certificate are you referring to?

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Your container/image registry?

0 Kudos
acastillo15
Level 1
Author

my container/image registry? I use Azure, I have not configured anything in ACR

0 Kudos
jonhli
Level 2

@acastillo15 did you ever figure this one out?

0 Kudos

You need to deploy your company's internal CA Root certificates in your base AKS images using a docker file.

0 Kudos

@Turribeach when you say in your base AKS images, do you mean to add it to this base image on build?

0 Kudos
acastillo15
Level 1
Author

We must go to Azure and in the cluster configuration section we must
Copy the ca.crt from the namespace.
We must copy the file to the DSS machine and execute the following
commands to add the certificate.
Copy the file to the following path cp ca.crt /etc/pki/ca trust/source/anchors
We update the update-ca-trust extract from the trust store
We verify the certificate in the following path /etc/pki/ca trust/extracted/openssl/

0 Kudos