Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

incident ticket id creation for every new row that is added to the MS SQL server dataset

sasidharp
Level 3
incident ticket id creation for every new row that is added to the MS SQL server dataset

I am trying to sync hdfs dataset to MS sql server dataset where the rows are appended whenever there is a change is dataset using a scenario. while doing it i want an incident id generated so that a ticket can be tracked over the incident. and table will be used again for ML feedback.

I am stuck at creating a way to distinct the ticket. can some one help me. and can i also have a Dataiku expert to help me out with few new approaches that  i am trying out to do in Dataiku.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @sasidharp. There could be so many solutions to your problem, that a little bit more or context could be useful.

For example, does you hdfs dataset contains any column or a group of columns, that could be used as indexes? For example, you might have column with a timestamp, and that timestamp is unique for all rows, then you could use that column to create a unique index. 

Or maybe you have duplicate timestamps, but you have multiple categories, and there are no rows where both the timestamp and the category are equal: then you could use both columns to create a unique index.

It might as well be very likely that there is a DSS function or feature that allows you to do exactly what you want, and I don't know it, but this is how I would try to solve the problem you describe.

I hope this helps! And if there is a better solution, I think others will post more information.

Good luck!

0 Kudos