Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Edit the project for self without editing it for others

Solved!
VincentSider
Level 2
Edit the project for self without editing it for others

Hello,

I have given a group the permissions to a project (read, write, etc.) and all members of my group can access it.

How can I allow these users to edit the project for themselves without editing it for others?

Many thanks,

Vincent

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi Vincent,

Due to the collaborative nature of DSS, a project itself is global, so any changes you make are seen by all users. If you want to enable users to make changes in a more isolated environment, you have a few options:

• Duplicate the project
  • Use git branching - this is a more sophisticated version of the above option (only recommended if you have a strong understanding of git versioning)
  • Use flow zones to enable users to test out recipes in a separate portions of the flow

Let me know if you have any questions!

Katie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi Vincent,

Due to the collaborative nature of DSS, a project itself is global, so any changes you make are seen by all users. If you want to enable users to make changes in a more isolated environment, you have a few options:

• Duplicate the project
  • Use git branching - this is a more sophisticated version of the above option (only recommended if you have a strong understanding of git versioning)
  • Use flow zones to enable users to test out recipes in a separate portions of the flow

Let me know if you have any questions!

Katie

VincentSider
Level 2
Author

This is super helpful, thank you so much Katie