More info: As a test for validating my issue, I connected to dataiku from Rstudio and using dkuReadDataset() to read the dataset in from dataiku . I read in the dataset using either full or fixed sampleMethod and varying nbRows and ratio, I got completely different results than expected. When the sampleMethod is full, I always get 239968 obs. When it's fixed, I get varying numbers of obs based on how high I set it. And in dataiku, the record count is 3839583. The documentation does not provide a clear understanding of how to read in the entire dataset with dkuReadDataset(). Every option seems to only pull in a sample of the data and not the entire dataset.