Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

How to setup Settings in Elasticsearch

Solved!
UserBird
Dataiker
How to setup Settings in Elasticsearch
Hello,

I know how to configure a custom mapping on Elasticsearch. But, how to setup settings for a specific index (Like analyzer...) ?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AdrienL
Dataiker

Hi,

DSS supports 2 modes for ElasticSearch mapping, defined in each dataset's settings:

• Either it is automatically deduced from the Dataset's schema

• Or it is manual and you must specify the whole mapping, including the analyzer to use on a field

Other settings that are not done on the fields (like defining a new analyzer on the index) should be done manually, for example in a code recipe (Shell, Pythonโ€ฆ).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrienL
Dataiker

Hi,

DSS supports 2 modes for ElasticSearch mapping, defined in each dataset's settings:

• Either it is automatically deduced from the Dataset's schema

• Or it is manual and you must specify the whole mapping, including the analyzer to use on a field

Other settings that are not done on the fields (like defining a new analyzer on the index) should be done manually, for example in a code recipe (Shell, Pythonโ€ฆ).

0 Kudos
Florian
Level 1
Hello,

I create it manually. But the default sync receipe delete and create the index. And I dont want the "Append" mode.

I want to purge index and bulk insert, not delete and create.

Is it possible ?

regards,
0 Kudos
AdrienL
Dataiker
Yes, what you want is an external elasticsearch dataset http://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/connecting/elasticsearch.html#external-elasticsearch-datasets (see managed & external datasets: http://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/concepts/index.html#managed-datasets). Managed dataset are managed by DSS, so may be deleted and re-created by recipes. External datasets, on the other hand, are only emptied when written, not deleted.
0 Kudos
Florian
Level 1
Perfect ! Exactly what i looking for.
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku