Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Is it possible to determine visibilityCondition based on plugin recipe input?

Solved!
veenacalambur
Level 2
Is it possible to determine visibilityCondition based on plugin recipe input?

I am creating a recipe plugin that has two possible inputs: 1. A dataframe from the DSS flow or 2. DSS Visual Model 

If the input is a DSS Visual Model then I don't need any further input parameters but if it is the dataframe input I need the user to fill in 2 additional parameters. 

Is it possible to leverage the visibilityCondition based on the plugin recipe input? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the form in the recipe settings isn't notified of the settings of the recipe itself, so you can't have a visibility condition based on what inputs are set. You could have visibility conditions on other parameters, so you could use DATASET-typed or SAVED_MODEL-typed parameters and base the condition on them, but then these datasets/saved models 1) wouldn't appear as inputs of the recipe in the flow and 2) you'd need to access them with ignore_flow=True in your recipe code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fchataigner2
Dataiker

Hi,

the form in the recipe settings isn't notified of the settings of the recipe itself, so you can't have a visibility condition based on what inputs are set. You could have visibility conditions on other parameters, so you could use DATASET-typed or SAVED_MODEL-typed parameters and base the condition on them, but then these datasets/saved models 1) wouldn't appear as inputs of the recipe in the flow and 2) you'd need to access them with ignore_flow=True in your recipe code.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku