Survey banner
Switching to Dataiku - a new area to help users who are transitioning from other tools and diving into Dataiku! CHECK IT OUT

Bug? The legend for stacked bar charts are not showing in the dashboard

Solved!
DaveK
Level 2
Bug? The legend for stacked bar charts are not showing in the dashboard

I am using the Dataiku 11.0.3 VM via virtualbox and have created several stacked bar charts.  When I view the graphs on the dataset graph page it displays a legend showing which colors match to which categorical values.   However when I publish the charts to the dashboard the legend does not appear.  The graphs are still interactive and the values can be seen in the pop-up when you move the mouse over the bars, but this is less than ideal.  The same thing happens to other bar charts too.  I have tried changing the 'Display legend' location but it has no effect.

Is this a known bug, or have I done something wrong?   I created all the graphs by dragging and dropping columns on the graph design page, so no coding was involved.

Operating system used: Windows 10

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Emma
Dataiker

Hey @DaveK

Do you have the "Show legend" checkbox clicked from the Dashboard > Edit > Tile menu (see screenshot)? If not, can you please try that! 

Emma 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Emma
Dataiker

Hey @DaveK

Do you have the "Show legend" checkbox clicked from the Dashboard > Edit > Tile menu (see screenshot)? If not, can you please try that! 

Emma 

0 Kudos
DaveK
Level 2
Author

Doh!   Thanks, that fixed it.  It would be nice if it was enabled by default - it seems weird that it lets you create a chart with a legend but then hides the legend when publishing it.

0 Kudos